GEAR REVIEW: GOON 24 BY 528 CUSTOM VAPES

Hello! Thanks for visiting Vape Manifesto. This is part of our test run. If everything works out great, we'll keep coming up with new content for you like gear reviews, vape news, and other vape-related stuff.
I'll give you my opinions on a foreign made vape item that is known worldwide. Here's my review of the Goon 24mm RDA by Blue Eyed Goon and 528 Custom Vapes.

Learn more about it after the cut.



The Goon is one of those atomizers that have an enduring appeal to vapers. I know that a lot of people here in the group swear by it, some even calling it their all-time favorite atomizer and other similar praises. To not have heard of the Goon and its other versions is almost near impossible in the vaping world.
Let's begin. Here are the pros in my opinion:
Aesthetics - I really like the look of this atomizer. It's got the right size for a 24mm atomizer in my opinion. Not too tall, not too stubby either, it's just the right size and will fit well on any tube or single batt mod that can accommodate its 24mm diameter. I like the tapered afc cone and the logo of 528 Customs on the top cap. The air flow placement also adds to the overall appeal of the atomizer. In short, a handsome piece of vape hardware.
Machining - There's probably nothing I can fault the Goon when it comes to machining. Everything is smooth - from the 510 threads, to the build deck, and down to the engraving. Everything is done right. Features like the beveled clamps are a very nice touch.
Design - The clamp-style build deck is great for big and fancy coils. The air flow, I believe has the right components to provide a different vape experience with a quick twist of the afc. The option to remove the positive post for cleaning and maintenance is a great touch as well. Well-thought of and well-designed. Period.
Flavor - Now, this is what really surprised me. I didn't think that a cloud chasing atomizer could be so flavorful. It's a smooth, clean draw even with the air flow wide open. Definitely a plus if you ask me.
Durability - I've pretty much used my Goon everyday since I got it a few months ago and it has held up to the abuse. The build quality is that great on the Goon 24. I have yet to encounter bent clamps and stripped screws and I hope I never do. Mine has scratches and dings on it but they don't affect its performance. Not one bit.
Versatility - You may use single coil builds on the Goon and other locally available drip tips to mix and match according to your mod. Always a plus when it comes to vape gear.

Now, for the cons:
Build style - It was a bit tricky building with the Goon at first since I mainly used tri-post and velocity-style RDAs in the past but anything can be learned. Watching build vids on YouTube is a good way to familiarize yourself with the clamps system. Also, you may ask for advice from our build masters here in the community. I'm sure they would be more than glad to help you and answer your questions.
Price - The Goon 24 comes with a hefty price tag. With a retail price of USD 60, it's not the cheapest atomizer out in the market. It's not the most expensive either but in my opinion, everyone should try a Goon once so they can see and feel it for themselves. It might be pricey but it's really worth it.
Availability - It's good that local shops are carrying the Goon 24 but they are still somehow hard to find. Expect a heftier price tag if you're looking to buy from a local shop. Can't blame them with the extra expenses like shipping, tax, etc.
Clones - There's a lot of clones in the market. And by "a lot" I mean a ton of them. Just be careful when you buy from users. Always research before handing over your cash.
That's about it. I really can't find anything that I can say to damage the Goon's reputation. It fits my needs well as a vaper and I'm pretty convinced that I'm a Goon fan.
TLDR Summary: Is the Goon good? No, it's great. Would I recommend it to other vapers? Of course! This is one of those vape items that are really worth the money. Would I buy another one? Sure, if I had the extra cash. It's a collectible, not to mention the different slam caps, wide bore drip tips and other accessories you can buy for it.
Thanks for reading my review! If you want me to review any vape gear, please comment down below. The same thing goes for comments and reactions, I'd be happy to discuss them with you, too.

Comments

  1. Vapesourcing is a company that produces electronic cigarettes, cartridges, e-liquids and more. The company is headquartered in China, and offers live chat, email and telephone customer service options to consumers. Buy good product in https://vapesourcing.com/smok-devilkin-kit-with-tfv12-prince-225w.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GEAR REVIEW: ANDROMEDA RDA BY VAPING CHRONOLOGY