GEAR REVIEW: VINTAGE MTL RDA BY GOM PH

Vintage MTL RDA © GOM PH
For today's Gear Review, we take a look at a mouth-to-lung RDA — the Vintage by GOM PH.
You might remember GOM PH from one of my previous reviews. They are the maker of the Nemean single battery mech mod. GOM PH or Guild of Modders is a local vape company based here in the Philippines. They offer a variety of mods and atomizers that are both aesthetically pleasing and functional.

The Vintage MTL RDA is specifically made for high nicotine level users and flavor chasers. It has a slammed deck design that accommodates small to medium-sized single coils, an MTL drip tip, a variety of caps with different air hole sizes, and a stainless steel bottom feeding/squonking pin. Much like any other product from GOM, the Vintage comes in a nicely prepared packaging.

I was hesitant at how I would receive the package since I'm a huge fan of direct-to-lung vaping. I wasn't sure what MTL would be like but I've always been curious. Still, that didn't stop me from trying out the Vintage and taking a shot at mouth-to-lung vaping.

Vintage MTL RDA © GOM PH


Vintage MTL RDA Specs:

18mm base diameter (with cap)
16mm deck diameter
1 ultem cap dual 1.5mm air hole
1 black ultem cap dual 1mm air hole
1 pmma cap single 1mm air hole

On to the review:

PROS:

Flavor - Packaged as a flavor atty by GOM PH, the Vintage RDA really does offer nice flavor. As I said earlier, I've been a direct-to-lung fan for most of my life as a vaper but when I tried the Vintage, I get why some people prefer mouth-to-lung vaping. There is something soothing about vaping at lower wattage levels. I began to understand that there are some flavors that really come out in the right temperature after using the Vintage.

The tight draw makes for an intense warm-to-hot vape and it's perfect for my preference. I've been looking for a decent mod with good temp control at the time of this writing. I found out that I'm more suited to 2.4mm builds and TC mode when I use the Vintage.

Vintage MTL RDA © GOM PH

Machining - The Vintage RDA arrived in immaculate condition. Everything in place, a place for everything. That's one of the things I admire about the gents over at GOM PH. They know the feeling their clients get as soon as they open the package, they wouldn't have it any other way. Everything about the Vintage is spot on. No burrs, no machine lines, no nothing.

When you see one up close, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Design - I try to be honest as possible in my reviews so I'm just gonna get this out there — I'm not a fan of small atomizers. I'm used to big 24mm devices that have enough space for chunky builds, thick wicks, and a whole lot of juice... Well, that was before I got to know the Vintage.

As I get to use the Vintage more and more during my testing process, I began to understand that each part of the atomizer was there for a reason. Again, mise en place. The deck is designed like that to allow for maximum flavor and air flow. The notches on the deck is there so you can push the coil down so the air flow is just right. The drip tip I shunned earlier at the beginning of the testing period was designed to be comfortable and just right for a warmer vape and smoother draw. The small air holes on each cap gives you freedom to choose the level of restrictiveness to your hits. The screws are small, yes, but they give you enough grip to build your coils properly.

This is what GOM is known for — the little nuances in their work. Everything is thought out and accounted for. Nothing is out of coincidence.

Vintage MTL RDA © GOM PH

Nicotine hit - I've switched to 6mg full time and I have to say, I didn't think the Vintage would give me a nice and mellow throat hit like it did. Sure, I always run aliens and go low with my regular builds but that's a different kind of nic buzz. That's more of in-your-face kind of dizzy. With the Vintage, I get a more refined nicotine hit that's just right for casual vaping. I may have to get a higher nic level soon to see if I can take the buzz.

Form factor - One of the most eye catching things about the Vintage is its looks. It has that old school look to it but at the same time has a modern feel. Trust GOM to give you nothing but visually appealing designs. Might be subjective for some, though.

CONS:

Tight build space - The 16mm slammed deck might not be too friendly for users who are used to big build spaces. It took me a couple of tries before I got used to the configuration. Remember that the slammed deck design makes up for tight build tolerances with good flavor.


Small screws - Screws for the deck are small and I mean real small so first time users may have a hard time building with them. Be sure to keep a clean build mat when installing your coils so you don't end up losing your screw when you drop them.

High wattage vaping - Tried using the Vintage with my mechanical mod and the intense heat led to muted flavors. Of course, there's a right wattage for different kinds of vaping styles so DTL vapers may want to change their build and style when it comes to using this mod. When using an MTL device, make sure you understand these things.



Price - Some may have an issue with the P3,900 local price tag. I get it. That's not a small amount especially if you consider that it's only for one atomizer. But think of it this way, you get this premium item with equally beautiful extra caps and spares, and on top of that a great MTL vaping experience. I always tell myself that if I'm going to buy things, I'll go for quality ones. Buy cheap, buy twice. Still there are other MTL choices out there (some are even more expensive than the Vintage) but I doubt they'll come close to the performance of this RDA.

SUMMARY:

The Vintage RDA is a great mouth-to-lung device. This is probably the gear that can finally push me to pursue MTL vaping. Still not letting go of my Goon and tube setups though but I see the Vintage getting more and more use in the following months to come. GOM PH has a great team and it shows in their products. They're two for two in my book. The Vintage and the Nemean are great additions to anyone's vaping collection.

Vintage MTL RDA with whistle tips © GOM PH

I'd like to thank sir Joie Ferrer of GOM PH for sending me a sample for review. I'd also like to thank the rest of the team of GOM PH for another wonderfully designed and crafted piece of vape gear. If you're interested in getting a Vintage RDA for yourself, you may join the GOM PH group on Facebook to get the latest news and listing updates.

ERRATUM

May 30, 2018 - I originally wrote that the black cap was made of delrin. After reviewing the specs of the Vintage, I found out that it was made of black ultem. Updated.


Comments

  1. Vapesourcing vape online store also offers you many kinds of vape devices, such as vape kits, vape mods, atomizers, cheap e-juice and so on. I recommend you this vape online shop because the vape devices are at the low price with the high quality. Finally, rx gen3 dual kit in stock
    is your best choice bring you unforgettable vaping experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GEAR REVIEW: ANDROMEDA RDA BY VAPING CHRONOLOGY